CBPS Team will be participating in the XV International Conference on Public Policy and Management, Centre for Public Policy, IIMB 2020. The conference is being held on 24-26 August 2020. The registration links are given in the schedule.
CBPS Team are presenting two track sessions –
1. Continuing education during crisis and beyond: Overcoming immediate and structural barriers (24 August 2020 -11.00 a.m. to 12.45 p.m.)
The chair of this session will be Dr. Niveditha Menon (CBPS). The following are the titles of presentations along with their respective presenters –
– Challenges of distance in Science Education by Prof. Ram Ramaswamy, Professor, IIT Delhi, Former VC HCU
– Rapid assessment of the impact of Covid on education and livelihood – multi-country study by Ms. Neha Ghatak, CBPS
– Low-tech model for mentoring school students in rural areas – an action research by Dr. Jyotsna Jha, CBPS
– Overview by Prof. Shyam Menon: Professor of Education, University of Delhi DU and Former VC, Ambedkar University Delhi
2. Post-Covid Measures for Economic Revival: Renewed Interest in Multiplier Studies (25 August 2020 – 9.00 a.m. to 10.30 a.m.)
The chair of this session will be Prof. Vinod Vyasulu (President of Governing Board of CBPS). The following are the titles of presentations along with their respective presenters –
– Multiplier Effect of Social Sector Expenditure in Karnataka by Dr. Jyotsna Jha, Ms. Achala Yareseeme and Ms. Apurva K.H., CBPS
– Challenges of using I-O and SAM based methods at a sub-national analysis by Ms. Achala Yareseeme and Ms. Apurva K.H., CBPS
– Estimation of Multipliers: A comparative analysis of different methodologies by Dr. Archana Purohit, CBPS
Dr. Jyotsna Jha will be chairing a session titled, ‘Gender budgeting and Women’s relative resources’ on 24 August 2020.
Dr. Niveditha Menon will be a panelist at a track session titled, ‘Identities and Identification: A Development Dilemma’. Her presentation is titled, ‘Dignity, respect, and justice for all: The question of gender in public policy’. The chairs of this session are Dr. Amit Prakash and Dr. Bidisha Chaudhuri (CITAAP, IIIT Bangalore).