Jyotsna Jha was a speaker at the Measuring SDG4 with PIRLS data: UNESCO and International Association for Evaluation of Educational Achievement (IEA) released an international reading literacy study in Paris on 5 December 2017.
UNESCO and the IEA co-hosted the international release of the Progress in International Reading Literacy Study (PIRLS) and ePIRLS 2016. International learning assessments such as PIRLS make an important contribution to measuring progress towards SDG4, which aims to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
The speakers included:
- Dr Anne-Berit Kavli, Chair IEA
- Dr Dirk Hastedt, Executive Director, IEA
- Dr Ina Mullis, Executive Director, Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS) & PIRLS International Study Center, Boston College
- Dr Michael Martin, Executive Director, TIMSS & PIRLS International Study Center, Boston College
- Dr Paulína Koršňáková, Senior Research and Liaison Adviser, IEA
- Dr Qian Tang, Assistant Director-General for Education, UNESCO
- Ms Soo-Hyang Choi, Director of the Division for Inclusion, Peace and Sustainable Development, UNESCO
- Dr Silvia Montoya, Director, UNESCO Institute for Statistics
- Dr Jyotsna Jha, Director, Center for Budget and Policy Studies (CBPS), India
- Dr Catherine Jere, Lecturer, University of East Anglia, School of International Development
To read more the full coverage please visit here.