Centre for Budget and Policy Studies (CBPS) is an independent, non-partisan, research institute based in Bangalore, India. Our vision is creation and sharing of knowledge for an empowered, equitable, just and democratic society. We work towards our vision through: (a) Research and evaluation in the areas of policy, budget, governance, and public service delivery; (b) Evidence based policy advocacy and (c) Dissemination of research findings through a variety of approaches.
We are currently looking for a Communications Officer who can help us develop and implement a comprehensive communications plan that can support our organisational goals with respect to research and advocacy.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Working with the organisation to assess needs, set goals, and develop strategies for communicating research and advocacy outputs
- Coordinate with the policy and research teams to develop communication channels and materials for different stakeholders
- Develop media outputs such as policy briefs, success stories, field stories, videos, photos and other media content for greater awareness
- Work closely with the research team to develop and implement an editorial calendar for regular content that can communicate research findings and policy recommendations
- Planning and creating social media messaging, press invites, press statements or articles to support current research activities, and securing coverage in regional, national or international media.
- Help in managing online content, including organisation’s website, social media and third-party website listings.
- Manage the publication and promotion of research and advocacy outputs of the organisation
- Maintaining day-today internal and external communication channels including social media channels
Requirements and preferred qualifications:
- Master’s Degree with at least 3 years of experience in a communications role in the development sector is a MUST.
- A basic understanding of the policy landscape of the country; and a basic knowledge and understanding of social data, both in qualitative and quantitative terms.
- Experience of developing communication outputs based on research data and evidence preferred such as policy briefs, newspaper articles, and online research publications.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, able to express complex technical issues in plain language
- Familiarity with social media platforms, and audiences for research and policy
- Familiarity with design and editing software as well as website management.
The remuneration will be comparable with the academic/ civil society-based research organisations, and commensurate with the individual’s qualification / experience. Interested individuals should submit their latest resume (MS Word format) with two references and two samples of their work to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th of June 2022. Incomplete and delayed applications will not be considered. Queries can be directed to Mrinalika R Pandit at 080-2656 0735 between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday to Friday.
The job description can be viewed here.