Centre for Budget and Policy Studies (CBPS) is an independent, non-partisan, research institute based in Bangalore, India. Our vision is creation and sharing of knowledge for an empowered, equitable, just and democratic society. We work towards our vision through: (a) Research and evaluation in the areas of policy, budget, governance, and public service delivery; (b) Evidence based policy advocacy and (c) Dissemination of research findings through a variety of approaches.
We are currently looking for a Communications Officer who can help us develop and implement a comprehensive communications strategy plan that can support our organisational goals with respect to research and advocacy.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Develop and execute an annual communications strategy plan (including an editorial calendar). The annual communications strategy plan should include traditional forms/print, digital & social media. The plan should articulate the deliverables/ content, time schedule and targeted audience.
- Work with the organisation to assess needs, set goals, and develop strategies for communicating research and advocacy outputs
- Create and designing various collaterals for fund raising; liaising with the design agency if there is a requirement
- Work closely with the policy and research teams to develop communication channels and materials (such as policy briefs, success stories, field stories, videos, photo essays and other media content) for different stakeholders
- Curate and edit content written by the team to be published in either print media or on online media platforms.
- Liaison with journalists for publishing articles, press releases, Op-eds, designing and creating press invites, press statements or articles to support current research activities, and securing coverage in regional, national or international media in either print media or on online media platforms.
- Managing online content, planning and creating social media messaging including organisation’s website, blogs, social media and third-party website listings.
Requirements and preferred qualifications:
- Master’s Degree with at least 3 years of experience in a communications role in the development sector is a MUST.
- A basic understanding of the policy landscape of the country; and a basic knowledge and understanding of social data, both in qualitative and quantitative terms.
- Experience of developing and designing communication outputs based on research data and evidence preferred such as policy briefs, newspaper articles, and online research publications.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, able to express complex technical issues in plain language
- Good liaising, networking and branding skills
- Familiarity with social media platforms, and audiences for research and policy
- Basic design skills and working knowledge of editing tools as well as website management.
The remuneration will be comparable with the academic/ civil society-based research organisations, and commensurate with the individual’s qualification / experience. Interested individuals should submit their latest resume (MS Word format) with two references (with their contact details) and two samples of their work to email@example.com by 10th of February 2023. Incomplete and delayed applications will not be considered. Queries can be directed to Mrinalika R Pandit at 080-2656 0735 between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday to Friday.
The job description can be viewed here.